Sunday, April 27, 2008

Walkin To Church




Today we walked to church with a bunch of kids. It was quite humorous to see the people drive by and look twice at our group. I know they were thinking that Stacey and I must like to pro-create as a hobby. We'd have to eat spam every night if that were the case. Little did they know that we had 3 extra with us this morning. The kids made friends at our church interface group and had to have them over to spend the night. Our neighbors daughter also joined in the fun.



They played Lego Star wars on the Xbox 360 and had a ton of fun! here are a couple of snapshots





The boys were coordinating attack strategy by screaming step on the red one!!! Who knows what that meant but it sounded pretty funny!



The girls were more elegant by asking if one could pass the a light sabre please? Over all our weekend has started off fun! We are going to head to the gully later so I can catch a sunburn or something like that. This will be my last post unless something spectacular occurs!

2 comments:

ryan said...

Hey Todd, I love this picture of you and Stacey walking to church with the kidos on a brisk Montana spring morning. It made me think back to when I was a kid growing up in Kansas. My dad pastored a church in a small town of about 2500 people. We usually didn't get the opportunity to walk to church, because it was several blocks away from our home, and being that my dad was the pastor, we usually had to be there pretty early, but we did walk just about everywhere else that we would go in that small town. I remember walking to the grocery store with my dad all the time, which was a good six or eight blocks from our house, and then helping him juggle five or ten plastic bags full of groceries as we would walk home. I always enjoyed the walks through town with my dad, but I also remember on several occaisions, when I was loaded down with five or six heavy bags full of groceries and the plastic was cutting off the circulation to my hands, thinking to myself, "common dad our car isn't exactly broken, it'd be a lot easier to drive this trip." Looking back now I miss the opportunity to take a leisurely stroll to the grocery store. I live about six miles from the nearest grocery store now and walking is just not an option. anyway, thanks for the little trip down memory lane.

Garren said...

We also spend much time walking around town. Our girls grew up with that being "just what you do" and love it. We usually find plenty of sticks to pick up, bugs to poke at and try not to step on cracks...you know the process. Good times.