Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tonights Worship And Praise Concert

Tonights concert was awesome!!! All of the beautiful voices singing praise to God was amazing! I didn't want it to end when it did. My favorite but most awkward part of the night is when we got together in a group and prayed together. The 3 people I grouped up with were complete strangers and as nervous as I was about the whole group prayer thing.

So I stepped up and started out. I was doing good there for a bit until I hit the dreaded mental block. Nothing but dead air and no words popping in my head to fill it in with. So I did what my kids do when I make them pray out loud in front of each other. I passed the buck to the next guy. I wanted to pray so much more, but the words weren't coming. I chalk it up to my first time praying in front of complete strangers and use it as a building block.

I am so glad I went tonight. I almost stayed home to be with my wife who is in pain due to a cavity that chipped partially off today. I plan on attending the interface group tomorrow if all goes as planned. I am really excited to share in fellowship and group prayer.

Good night all!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sounds like an amazing service!I'm looking forward to the interface :D