Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Beautiful Day, Beautiful Smile!

Today I went to the dentist after 11 years of not going! I know pretty bad huh? When you can’t afford health insurance on your own and your job doesn’t have dental or medical you tend to go without and are covered by Gods insurance plan. We finally got dental so we are using it while we have it. Stacey has quite a few cavities and needs a ton of work as well as a mouth piece for her teeth grinding. So instead of a beautiful diamond ring for our 10 year anniversary I bought her a beautiful smile.
I was nervous about today, because I used to go to the dentist religiously when I had insurance. It had been so long between visits that I was scared I might have cavities. In my 31 years I have yet to experience a cavity. I was hoping today’s outcome was the same as the past. I was amazed on how much the dentist had changed! Last time I went the chairs were yellow or orange. The x-ray machine was massive and they didn’t have little fiber optic cameras for spelunking in your mouth! Other then a front chipped tooth and a wisdom tooth that is growing sideways, all was good! The bad thing is my wisdom tooth has killed the nerve in my molar so they have to take it out as well!
They said my mouth looked really good for as long they have gone between cleanings. So today was a good day and I am so glad to have had a check up and a cleaning! I am not looking forward to the tooth removal but I am looking forward to getting my chipped tooth fixed. I hope after everyone gets their teeth fixed the wife and I can get contacts. I am so tired of wearing glasses!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

But just think, my mouth piece will help so much (hopefully) with my teeth grinding and TMJ! YAY! Glad that you didn't have any cavaties. All my issues are more than enough to make up for both of us! lol

Todd said...

Yes my dear! Your comfort is far more important then vanity! I actually am very happy that you will now be more comfortable. I hope the mouth piece works miracles!

Garren said...

Being open & honest here...going to the dentist is a real test of my christianity. There is not much I can think of that is worse than a trip to the dentist. I had bad experiences growing up and not good teeth so many bad experiences. Hmmmm...wailing and nashing of teeth...that is not in heaven I'll just say that.

Stacey said...

Garren, I'm with ya there on not going to the dentist. I must say though that after going once a week for the last month and another month to go it's not so bad now. lol. It also helps that the dentist we go to is really nice.