Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Talked with a friend today.

He is having a hard time with a personal problem. We talked for hours about it. It is really eating him up inside. He asked me what I would do about it. The answer was simple to me. I told him I'd pray constantly to God about it. He said he has done that and nothing has happened for two weeks. I told him that you have to be patient and realize you are on Gods time and not your own.

That really didn't help him any. He then asked me what I would do other then pray. I told him that is a hard question being prayer is what I rely on during hard times. I humored him and told him that I would act like the problem didn't exist and stress would build till I snapped and made the problem worse and lost what was important to me. I kept telling him prayer is the way to go but he seemed discouraged that he found no answer or comfort from his prayers.

I then told him that I would pray for him and so would many others. He got really quite and asked many others? I told him I have a lot of friends that love to pray so I'll get them to pray for you as well. That seemed to have struck a chord because I thought I heard him cry a little. So I need everyone to help pray for grace,patience, and wisdom for my friend. Oh and also comfort and peace. Also while I am making prayer requests please pray for my wife. She broke her tooth today and is in pain. She will not be able to see the dentist till 11 AM tomorrow.

I am excited for church tonight we are having a praise and prayer concert. There is nothing better the awesome music and a lot of prayer! If you don't live in my area you can watch it live @ www.freshlifechurch.com Have a wonderful night everyone!

Blog at ya later!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Your friend has my prayers and thoughts..