Saturday, April 26, 2008

Pro Gaming Answers.

A lot of people had quite a few questions for me about my Pro-Video gaming experience. So I'll give you a little insight into it here. Pro-gaming takes a ton of commitment and almost all of your time. You have to form a good solid team and practice everyday. That takes a ton of time away from family(The reason I quit playing). My friend Randy(N0M4D) and I (ROADKILL H2O) were put in charge of putting together a team that would play Rainbow Six Vegas on the professional level.

We spent months practicing and competing against many people to prepare ourselves for MLG (Major League Gaming). On our way N0M4D and I won a tournament against the Ubisoft all female Pro team named the Frag Dolls. You can see their website here: http://www.fragdolls.com/

For 10 minutes of game play and winning the Frag dolls. We won $500.00 ea! That was nice for the bank account. Here is a picture of us in the pre-game lobby waiting to start the tournament. We were placed in with two random players we have never practiced with. That gave the Frag Dolls an advantage. However Valkyrie FD was the founder of our clan and we practiced with the Frag Dolls quite a bit. So we knew some of the strategy they used and that made it more evenly matched.



After we won that tourney we were ready to win more! Our team won many matches and worked our way to the top. When MLG season came around we gained sponsorship through Verizon Wireless and Patriot Memory. I quit one week before MLG in Charlotte NC. My team went on to Charlotte without me. You'll see them in the below video. One unique thing about our team is the fact that N0M4D played video games with his face! You don't believe me??? Take a look at this fox interview with him and our team. I kind of regret not going there with them but I know I made the right choice. Here is the video and it is going to blow you away when you see how he plays!



I am glad that I could finally see our team on the news. I received a ton of flack from people saying we'd never make it. It was an awesome learning experience for me and I gained a lot of knowledge about myself as a person through it all. Not many can say that they once could have played video games as a job. It sounds much better then it really is. As they say the grass is always greener on the other side. What seems too good to be true usually takes great sacrafice that leaves family on the back burner. I put them on the back burner too long and decided to pass up a chance of a lifetime for the love of my family and to dedicate myself to God and his plan.

No comments: