Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Slaying My Giants!







I listened to Greg Laurie today while at work. He used a metaphor for temptation that leads us to sin. He called our downfalls in our walk giants. He said how do you take care of the Giants so they can't harm you? You take them down and cut off their heads! It sounds crazy but it is metaphorically speaking the best way to deal with sin. That is what I've been trying my hardest to do lately. However the fight is much harder then it seems it would be.

You see I have a few giants that like to hang out in my backyard and destroy what I've planted in my garden. I know I have to take care of (wipe out) the clumsy footed giants that tend to pumble what fruit I start to bare. I have done that with great success with one of my giants named tobacco. I cut his head off and I haven't had to deal with his annoyances any more. I am using this slaying as a warm up for the rest. However the rest seem to be a bit stronger and will take more work.


I know I'll never be rid of them but I know I must keep fighting them or I won't have a garden that produces good fruit. So I'll break out my armor and go to town until I have no strength left in me and I draw my last breath. Like Great Heart in John Bunyan's "The Pilgrims Progress" I will take them head on! We all have giants and they need to be dealt with one day and today is as good as any to start!

No comments: