Sunday, May 18, 2008

Life In A Bottle

Someone once asked me if I knew Jesus. I replied yes I do. They asked me if I were sure. I told them I was. Then asked if I knew I was going to heaven. I said yep I'm pretty sure. They then proceeded to say that if I can't find any of the answers I can find them in the bottom of a bottle of hard alcohol.

I guess some people look for answers to their problems there. However that is a bad place to look for answers. The bottom of the bottle is one of those places that adds to your list of questions. You may find some answers to life there. They'll be answers that are costly in your relationships with others as well as relationships with family members. Too much alcohol or any kind of drug makes you do things you normally wouldn't.

It masks your feelings and inhibits your way of dealing with life. It burns bridges and destroys families. Sure you feel good while your drunk and you don't have a care in the world. However that feeling is only temporary. When you wake up the next morning you may have to face what you did the night before. If you are looking for comfort and a way to get through the pain. Don't look for it in the bottom of the bottle. Look for it between the covers of the holly bible. There you'll find answers, and there you'll learn about the great comforter the holy spirit who never leaves you.

I have seen the ugly side of alcohol through many people. I have even seen it through me a time or two. It really is a bad thing especially if you can't drink it in moderation. That can quickly turn into something that destroys your life. The only answer in the bottom of the bottle is just more pain.

Jesus is my answer to all my problems. He is the friend that stands beside me no matter what I do. He lifts me up when I fall down. He wipes my tears as they roll down my cheeks. He is my strength when I have none left in me. He has been through all my times of heartbreak and listened to my cries. He sustains me through all that comes my way. It hurts to know there are so many out there that have never felt that relationship with Jesus. He is the only one who can bring comfort to ones soul. That dark void full of pain within could never be filled unless by the holy spirit that fills us with a joy and comfort that can't be duplicated by alcohol.