Saturday, June 14, 2008

Today Is Good

The glorious day has finally arrived! As I made my departure from work and got into my car. I plugged in my Zune and listened to Shawn Mcdonald Listen Here . I was on my way to the first day of vacation. The sun shinning a smile on my face because I knew that there are 9 days between me and my next day of work. This has been long awaited and overdue. Working in retail is good but it is taxing on patients. The reason being is that the customer is always right!

Customers ask the craziest questions! Here are some examples one of them Greg told me about and I just laughed!!! You could write a book just on things customers ask you.

My favorite and most commonly asked question is.....

"Excuse me do you work here?"

What I want to say is......

"No, I am just wearing this outfit (Uniform) cause it's really cool!

Or in the case that I am stocking shelves.....

"No, I don't I'm just backwards shopping and I haul this handy hand truck around wherever I go.

Today a customer asked a cashier if we carried diet Root beer. The cashier paged me and asked me if we carried diet root beer.

Here’s your sign! Came to mind after trying to comprehend the question asked of me. What store doesn’t carry diet of any kind of soda? It may be that I am over due for vacation but that has got to be one of the weirdest questions ever asked! You’d think the cashier would know, considering she runs diet root beer through the register all of the time!

Greg was asked today why we didn’t carry a certain type of tea. The customer said it was in a box just like this! The customer was holding up a box of tea as an example. Greg stated;” The box you are holding is the tea you are looking for.” The customer just stood there and said, Oh!

No, Greg isn’t a Jedi Master using the Jedi mind trick, the customer was holding the tea they wanted and didn’t realize it.

Another person wanted to return some peanuts that tasted funny. Upon inspection of the can of cashews the produce manager stated they weren’t peanuts. The customer had never tasted cashews before and thought they were peanuts.

So needless to say I am thankful I am now officially on vacation!!!!!

2 comments:

June said...

Have a great vacation! Greg will probly need one when you get back!

Todd said...

Yeah he is going to!