Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Blogger Drought

I have not been inspired to write much lately. I think it has a little bit to do with the snow in June, Grey clouds and the fact I am a week away from vacation. I am looking forward to my week off. Money has been really tight and I can't do much, so I think I'll use a lot of the time studying the bible and spending it at home with the family. I think I'll use some of my extra time for prayer. I have a heavy heart when it comes to people close to me that don't necessarily know the Lord or even want to get to know him. At one point at church tonight I almost lost it.

My pastor was talking about his friend that was a pastors son. He was rebelling against God and his father tried till the day that he died to get him to come to Jesus. It wasn't until after his fathers death that he came to read his journals. The pages were stained with his fathers tears and the entries were his prayers praying for his lost son to come to Christ. That was when he decided to accept Christ as his savior. However he knew that his dad died not knowing if his son would ever accept Jesus Christ as his savior.

While hearing this story I was hit hard. I felt the lump move up my throat and tears begin to build in my eyes. We all have people like that in our lives. Our hearts break daily thinking about them and praying for them. The sadness I feel is hard to deal with at times. I compare it to someone close to you passing away. The want for them to accept Christ is comparable to wanting your loved one who has passed to be with you for just one more day, Because you know that if they do accept Christ that you will never be without their companionship. Yet if they continue to deny Christ and push him out of their lives. You know that there will be a separation that will last for eternity.

Essentially if they are outside of the grace of God all we have is the time that each day brings, and who knows if the last time we were with them was really the last time we will be with them. Yet under the grace that was given to us through what Christ did on the cross. We are free from that fear and sadness, and our heads can sleep peacefully upon our pillows. Knowing that our loved ones will be with us for eternity and we shall never part company. I think of this often and hope God will work miracles and turn hearts of stone into hearts of flesh.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

My thoughts were probably on the same exact person as yours were when Levi brought up the pastor and his son. All we can do is pray and hope that those we love that don't take part of everything that the Lord has to offer will soon do so.

ok. Completely off topic. I'm sorry I haven't been reading your blogs honey. Love ya! :)