Wednesday, June 25, 2008

If I Won The Lottery


I've been watching Lost and one of the main characters won the Lottery. If you have never seen Lost it is a MUST!!!! You can watch every episode for free on the ABC website here....CLICK HERE It is one of the best shows EVER!!! Anyway one of the characters won the lottery and it got me thinking on what if I won the lottery.

I always have thought I would use it for the good of others. I have always longed to do that with a passion. I just haven't found the outlet to do that. If I won the lottery I could then do and help whom ever I wanted. I could donate or fund charities for others in need. I could help many with the good fortune I won playing the lottery. I could fulfill my deepest desire and help children living with cancer. I could use that money for good!!!!

But is that what I would end up doing if I won the lottery? Motives change when you are suddenly rich or suddenly well known. People change when they are the in the spotlight. I've seen it first hand so many times. Decent people with morals and a down to Earth personality suddenly become shallow and self absorbed. Once they are well known they think they walk on water. When really their popularity will end in a blink of an eye. I have been there and experienced this first hand.

If I won the lottery would that happen to me? Would I use it for the good of others or just for the good of me? I would hope I would help many with it, but who's to say that I'd stay the same. Would greed consume me? Would so many ask for help that I'd turn away annoyed that so many ask of me but none say thank you? I might play the lotto someday and I am going to use the following numbers.....

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 & 42

For those of you who don't know where I am getting those numbers, just watch LOST and you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway that is what I've spent my day contemplating. Does anyone else do this????

1 comment:

Garren said...

I've heard something like this and have seen it in many rich people: "wealth simply magnifies what is in the person's heart." We've all seen wealthy people use it for much good and we've all seen wealthy people use it for much bad.