Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tonight Rocked!!!!

Tonight was completely awesome! I think we may have a girl skate team in the making! All the girls dropped in tonight and were extremely brave! I was so impressed with them fighting through the fear. We started out holding both of their hands while they practice dropping in. Then we took it a step further by only holding one hand. After that we ran behind them to catch them if they fell. Step by step they all ended up dropping in by themselves at the end of the night. Andrew did an awesome job bringing the word. It was Matthew 14:22-36 about Jesus walking on water. It was the perfect part of scripture to go with dropping in for the first time.

Peter had to have a ton of faith to step out of the boat into the violent weather to meet Jesus as they both walked on water. The moment Peters faith wavered he began to sink. I told the kids it is much the same with dropping in. I told them I was behind them to catch them if they fall. However once they let fear take hold they would fall but I was there to catch them. Just like Jesus was when he reached in and pulled Peter back out of the water when he began to sink due to wavering faith.

Tonight was one that not only showed progress in the kids ability to skate, but also one in a lesson on how faith works and can be applied in scary situations. Tonight was one blessing after another. I hope we have many more like it. We have some cool video of tonight. I will post it later so you can see how awesome the kids did!

1 comment:

Garren said...

Awesome. I love reading/hearing your updates on the skate ministry. God is using you and your family to reach & strengthen kids and is at the same time strengthening your family.