Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cooking

I just had to blog about something that occurred the other day. My wife picked up this cooking game called "Order Up" for the Nintendo Wii. In it you are a restaurant chef and have to prepare orders for the restaurant patrons. Pretty much it is a cooking simulator. From slicing tomato's to breading chicken you do it all. You can hire help that will cook along side you so you are able to keep up with the demand of the clientele.

The point of this story is, my wife played the cooking game all day long. When I say all day long I mean from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. However when dinner rolled around she didn't want to cook! What is up with that? She continued to cook on the Wii but didn't want to cook in real life? I thought that was funny and had to laugh and give her a hard time about it. That left me to the cooking and I broke out the frozen pizza and we were good to go!

I still find it extremely strange that there is a cooking video game. I have no desire to play it. They also have an eating competition game on the Wii. If you eat too fast you puke and loose points? Japanese video game developers are very strange! Here is the trailer for the order up game for those of you who are curious.


2 comments:

Garren said...

Nice. Do you get hungry while playing? This might be a terrible game if on a diet. I got hungry just watching the trailer!

Todd said...

I am hungry all the time! So I guess the answer is yes because the sensation of starvation setting in doesn't ever cease in my case.