Monday, September 22, 2008

Music Without Words

I have been a long time fan of musical scores from movies. Ever since I was a kid (This is going to show how old I am)listening to classical music on an old transistor radio my grandad gave me. I loved classical music. From Mozart to Bach I'd listen to all them as I fell asleep on my little transistor radio. I then moved to musical scores from movies. I have always had a great memory when it came to remembering tunes. So I'd hear a tune I heard 10 years ago and know exactly what movie and what scene it was played in and during. I was talking with a couple friends about musical scores and realized I haven't bought one since The Lord Of The Rings! That was years ago and I don't even know some of the new composers out there.

I used to play a game with a friend who loved musical scores as much as I. We'd go to a movie and guess who composed the score before the name of the composer popped up on the credits. We usually did this with ease. Once you get used to a composers style it is easy to recognize one from the other. Unless one duplicates an others style. I figured I'd share a link to this composer I found on myspace. He sounds much like Hans Zimmer or Trevor Rabin. I like his music and wanted to share it with those who like this kind of music also.

Here is a link to his music. I suggest listening to Birca I think it is my favorite.

Glen Gabriel

Let me know what you think even if you hate it. My goal for this year is to buy a few more soundtracks for listening pleasure. It has been a while since I've listened to one.

2 comments:

JEB said...

Todd, The latest batman soundtrack by hanz is awesome.

Todd said...

Thanks Jake! I'll have to go get that here soon.