Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Getting Old

I jumped on a skateboard and rode it around Hedges School playground a bit today. I am glad to state I didn't hurt myself. I actually could ride it with out incident. I got thrown a couple of times when I hit a rock or two, but I did pretty good for an old dude! I don't think I am prepared to drop in anytime soon but there is still a lot of time for me to change my mind on that this winter. When cabin fever has fully set in I may loose all faculties and just do it due to lack of restraint and rational thinking. If I could only be 8 again so I could take the punishment of smashing against the pavement. I could get up with a smile on my face!

1 comment:

Garren said...

Careful there old timer. Back in the days that I road...the boards were wide, the high tops had pumps, the bones were flexible. Wow, fun to think back. Wow, I'm old.