Monday, July 21, 2008

Today At Foys Lake.

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

We spent the afternoon at Foys lake today. While we were swimming and enjoying the beautiful July afternoon. I noticed a man carrying a music stand and a milk crate full of something. I thought he was going to break out some music or something and entertain the crowds of people on the beach and on the dock. I realized I was wrong when he reached down and grabbed a bible out of the milk crate and switched on a portable amp with a headset microphone attached. I thought to my self, "Oh great someone is going to start shouting a you are all going to go to hell sermon." However to my surprise I was wrong. He started preaching and only mentioned the Earth being destroyed by fire once!

The people around us were shouting insults about Jesus out loud so everyone could hear. It was hard for me to sit there and listen to them insult my savior but I did as I knew no matter what I said it wouldn't do any good and just inflame their anger and make them spew more profanity towards the Lord. After the man was done preaching to what seemed an unresponsive crowd other then those who threw insults his way. I walked up to him shook his hand and told him to keep up the good work. He thanked me and said it took about an hour to work up the courage to do what he did.

After I went back to swimming I noticed people started to approach him and begin asking him questions. I had to snap the above picture because I was so inspired by this man and his willingness to step forward in faith. If more of us could be so bold maybe more would come to the Lord. I believe that if we all were to take steps out of our comfort zones we too could be bold in Christ. We often stifle the Holy Spirit and sink back into uncertainty because that is where we feel safe. Each step we take in faith is a step that will make us grow stronger in our walk with the Lord. I know I have to do this as much as the next guy and what I saw the next guy do today blew me away!

3 comments:

Levi Lusko said...

very neat story!

Anonymous said...

that takes guts! it is so hard to know if that kind of preaching is really effective or not, ya know? God can speak to anyone through any message.

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.