Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Day I Will Never Forget!

New believers gathering after excepting Christ


Today Greg Laurie was a guest speaker at our church. He also spoke after the showing of a documentary of his life. The movie was how his story about how God pulled him from the rough life he lived and used it to touch the lives of so many others. He has a unique way of speaking to people that really reaches their hearts. I was blown away at how many came forward today and accepted Christ! It was cool to meet Greg but that pales in comparison to what happened after he spoke.

There were so many that accepted Christ and I was fortunate enough to pray with a new believer. It had to be one of the most touching and awesome things I have ever experienced! In my past that kind of thing was really hard for me to do. I made the decision to step out of my comfort zone and let God take the wheel. After tonight I can't wait to do it again! To see someone who literally is giving their heart to Christ in an emotional manner is truly unforgettable.

It has to be by far the most rewarding things I have ever been part of. To give your heart to God is one of the best things one could do, and you realize it the instant you do it. There is no mistaking how much God truly loves us all. One choice either keeps you from that love or lets it cover you from the inside out. In that love we can be assured that we will never feel alone in the dark. God stands with you through all and extends his hand always in our times of need.

If you missed the live feed please listen to it in the archives here:

Video (May take time to load)

Audio

I hope you enjoy the message and get something out of it that will change your life forever!

1 comment:

Garren said...

It truly is incredible how the Lord saves people and allows us to be involved at times. What an honor.