Tuesday, July 29, 2008

DUDE I CAN'T SLEEP!!!!

My mind is running non-stop! I’m thinking of so many things at once. I’m thinking about how I want to bring people to Christ so bad that I can’t sleep! I’m thinking about Greg Laurie and the loss of his son earlier this week, and how he got up 3 days after his sons tragic death and spoke in front of his congregation. Emotional and still feeling the great sorrow one feels when loosing a child. He got up there and spoke tremendously inspiring things. I’m thinking on how he got to where he was from where he began.

Looking back to Sunday morning I am thinking how my pastor struggled to hold back tears while at the pulpit when he told our congregation about the death of his friend Christopher Laurie. Yet he still delivered his sermon and made it informative and funny. Not only that but he did it twice in one day! I don't know if you've ever lost anyone close to you, but It would have been a very difficult thing to do.

People that can get up in the face of trial and uncomfortable situations are few and far between. They show up where most would call in sick or use bereavement, but instead they face the crowds still vulnerable yet strong in spirit. These are the things that inspire me. The guy at Foys Lake was inspiring to me also. He stood up and preached while some on lookers mocked him and offered him beer even though he stated he was a recovering alcoholic.

In my mind these are truly men among men! Men who will stand for what is true and good. Men who will stand in the line of fire in order to tell others about Jesus and salvation! Why do so many of us fall into our protective shells rather then share with great happiness the truth of the Bible! We are afraid of being judged by others. Made fun of and looked down upon.

There is always someone who will make fun of you. There is always someone who will look down upon you. The question is? Are you going to let it get the best of you? From what I’ve seen the last two weeks I’d say it has gotten the best of me. I’m no longer going to fear being judged by others by my faith in God. If you don’t agree with me, then so be it. I’d rather be judged by you then condemned by God.

All the apostles felt the same way. They all went to death because they would not deny Christ as thier savior. Why then should we fold if someone points or laughs. The most powerful of all testimonies comes from when we are weak in the world but strong in the Lord. Now that I’ve vented some of my thoughts tonight maybe I’ll be able to sleep. Lets all try to step out of our comfort zones so that we can bring glory to God through each of our lives. In the end all that matters is how we lived our lives for God, and not how popular or politically correct we were.

Good night all! Thanks for listening to me vent.

No comments: