Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Service In The Park.

Tonight we held service in the park. We invited one of Trevors friends to the service, where we enjoyed hamburgers and good side dishes. The service was awesome! Being in a public park such as Depot park in the center of town listening to the bible was great! Levi talked about how the Jewish people would build stone pillars to mark a spot of a work of God. It made me think of my hike yesterday. On the top of the peak there was a pillar of stone. Personally to me this pillar of rock not only marks the top of the peak.



But also the answer to my prayers and the prayers of others. Only a week or two ago I could barely walk so I requested prayer from within our Church over my hip. A week and a half passed and I made it to the peak of a 8700 ft. peak. If that isn't proof that prayer works, I don't know what is? I'm not saying my hip was completely healed just that it was good enough to make it to the top of the mountain and back down again.

During the end of the service when people were asked to come forward and ask Jesus into their heart. Trevors friend came to me and asked me what was going on. I explained to him that the people coming forward are receiving Christ into their heart as their personal savior. I asked if he wanted to do that. He stated that he did and I asked if he wanted me to go up with him. He responded yes and thank you.

So tonight was really cool! I would have loved to stay longer a chat with friends but Stace was feeling to well so we had to cut it short and head home. Overall it was an awesome night and I am ready for some shut eye. I am done blogging for today I think, unless something really cool happens between here and the bed! Good night all!!!

No comments: