Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Book Of Romans

What a great book! If in need of some up lifting scripture I think Romans is one of my favorite books of the bible. The way Paul describes things is awesome! There is no confusion in what he writes and it is written clear so the point is straight forward. I have found so much comfort in that book lately. Here is a glimps of the comforting words in Romans.

ROMANS 8:35-39

35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or are hungry or cold or in danger or threatened with death? 36 (Even the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”*) 37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love. Death can’t, and life can’t. The angels can’t, and the demons can’t. Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers of hell can’t keep God’s love away. 39 Whether we are high above the sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.


Are those words not the most comforting words one could hear? For those of you who wonder why people read the bible. I'll tell you it is not only because God asks us to, but also for comforting words like those in Romans. I hope just reading what I posted inspires you to read more of the bible. If you haven't picked one up in days or years or even ever. I challenge you to pick one up today and at least read the book of Romans.

1 comment:

June said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi!
I blogged tonight finally. Please stop by my blog to read it :-)
I love the music you added to your blog.