Monday, July 28, 2008

My progress....

I told you I was working on a report on Psalms 22 and Isaiah 53. I've been delayed in doing so due to the fact I couldn't get Microsoft Word downloaded on to my computer because I couldn't find the security key to get it to download. My lovely wife got it running for me today and I started my report. I've been working on it for a couple of hours now. Finding the cross referencing scripture is the hard part. Putting it into a form for people with short attention spans is another.

I could write pages upon pages showing the proofs that are found in the pages of the bible that so many don't know about. The misconceptions on the reliability of the bible are staggering so people don't read it because of them. They don't know that the accounts of the crucifixion of Christ were written shortly after the event, or even that the accounts are from eye witnesses. The old translation of a translation myth comes to mind when I think of these things. People don't realize every translation of the bible was translated from the original manuscripts, and that the gap of time between the events and the dates the manuscripts were written are very small compared too many writings held in high esteem! Such as Shakespeare and Plato!

I guess that is why I feel the need to do this report. So I can show those close to me who doubt the bibles credibility and to show them there is no possible way other then divine intervention that such claims could be made and come true unless there was a God. To show them that the bible is credible and that dating of these manuscripts that make up the bible prove it. So be patient with me and I will produce my report so you can draw your own conclusions. I just hope that it opens your eyes to facts that have been hidden from you for so long.

After looking at what I present in my report. My hope is that those who doubt the credibility of the bible will see there is no possible way that they can look at it that way any longer. Point being if the bible is a translation of a translation of a translation, then how can a prophecy be so accurate when written 800 or more years before the account where that prophecy was fulfilled ?

I hope to show you a clear and persuading look at why I believe the bible is credible and most of all that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and that there is no way to heaven but by him and him alone. The bible stands as proof of that. Once you actually take time to read it and look at the history and science behind it. You’ll find all the lies you’ve heard about it fall short of rational thinking. There is reason to believe the bible is the word of God. It doesn't take to much work to find it. It just takes time and a little understanding.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'm looking forward to reading this...