Friday, March 14, 2008

My Blogger Music..

You might be wondering what the heck is that??? Well I must admit I am somewhat of a dork when it comes to music. I like almost all music even the stuff that others would not normally think of listening to for enjoyment. My favorite music is musical scores from movies. From Star Wars and Indiana Jones to A Ghost In The Darkness! I have always loved scores. John Williams composer of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Jaws is one of my favorite composers. I also am very fond of James Horner who composed music for Brave Heart, Titanic, and Legends Of The Fall.

There are so many more I could name. I own over 100 Soundtracks and can tell the styles of each composer from the other. I can usually tell who composed a soundrack to a movie within 40 seconds of the begining of movies I haven't seen yet. That is how much of a dork I am when it comes to that music. The music you hear now is "Mogadishu Blues" from Black Hawk down. It is one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack. It was composed by Hanz Zimmer who also composed Scores for "Top Gun" and others like "The Lion King" and "Pearl Harbor".

One of the reasons I love this music is because it uses instruments to stimulize the imagination. In the song you hear now. Hanz Zimmer makes the instruments sound like Helicopters in the distance using only music for the effect. People don't usually notice things like that and I find it brilliant!!!

LOL...Sorry my true dork hood has been shown. But it amazes me and I can't help it.
I think I might have to look for a new soundtrack to pick up. It has been a while since I have.

(If for some reason you read this after I have changed the song on my blog. Press play on the player below to hear what I am talking about)

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Your music habits have rubbed off on me too!

Todd said...

Sorry I turned you into a dork too!!! LOL!!!

Stacey said...

Thats ok.. I'll forgive you just this once... ;)