Sunday, March 30, 2008

Heart

Today God rolled away a huge stone that blocked the way to my heart. I have been attending church for a while. I thought that volunteering to help out with ushering would be one step closer to what God wanted for me. I believe Jesus died on the cross for my sins with all my mind body and soul. However, I realized today that I still had some walls that need torn down in order for God to work further in my life. Ever since I started attending Church the pastor asks people who want to accept Jesus into their heart to do so. He also asks people who have already accepted Jesus into their lives to re-dedicate themselves at the same time.

Every time I feel like raising my hand but never do because I figured I already have re-dedicated my self to the Lord. In many ways I have done that, through this blog, work, and Church. There is one place that still needed work. I could say that the thickest wall was in my heart. I’ve been struggling working on witnessing to people. I have a great desire to do so. I just shut down due to lack of nerves when it comes to it. The Lord has been acting like a personal trainer lately. Helping me in areas I need help in.

Today we talked about Luke 24: 13 – 25 in it two of Jesus apostles walked away from Galilee where Christ said he’d meet them after his death. This shows that they were only half hearted in their faith and did not believe Jesus would be able to come back to life after his horrific crucifixion. This is where I have been in my walk with the Lord. I know what is written in the bible and believe it, yet only half heartedly. If I believed full heartedly, I’d have no fear in witnessing to anyone at any time! Just as the apostles in Luke 24 I walked away from where Jesus said he’d meet me.

Today’s lesson struck a chord within me, and realized my area of weakness was my heart. Have you ever heard that a great boxer has a lot of heart? The same goes for the Christian that lives in the world. I may be a good Christian but a faithful Christian has a burning heart for the glory of God. Today my pastor asked those who needed that kind of burning desire to raise their hands. I was convicted by the Holy Spirit to do so. The moment I raised my hand I felt this vast amount of burden lifted from my heart. There was a great burning within it that was so relieving and I am so glad I raised my hand.

A large wall has been taken down that I didn’t realize was there. The stone has been rolled away from the tomb of my heart and I am able to live again. I am renewed and ready to further my walk. May every step lead me to what God desires. May all glory and praise be given to him. As we left Church today we came to our car. The battery was dead because I left the lights on. Read more about this here....

www.http://theharveyfamilys.blogspot.com/2008/03/walking.html

We ended up walking home and as we did so I could still feel what a great burden was lifted from my heart. The car is still sitting there waiting for a ticket and I have not communicated this with my wife yet in fear I will burst into tears.

So I am typing this while it is fresh and alive in my heart and mind. I learned a new lesson today. Even if you think you don’t need worked on. God will always show you that you do. Especially in places you least expect! I hope you all have a blessed week.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I love you!

Todd said...

I love you and thank you for being such a wonderful best friend and wife!