Thursday, February 14, 2008

Trial Under Fire......

Today I experienced my real first test of faith. While working today a friend of mine asked me why I was posting all these blogs about God, and he asked if I found God or something. I responded yes as I blushed. I continued to state that I knew God before but never really spoke out about him and that I have wasted too much time and should have done it sooner.

I don't know why I blushed, I blush easy especially when someone hits something personal to me. God has been my private personal comfort for so long that it is was hard for me to share it with others. It has been so personal for me for so long it was as if I were standing naked in front of my friend questioning me. This experience was very valuable to me. This was the first step I needed to take to make my faith public face to face rather then in a blog.

I proceeded to invite him to my church and told him how awesome it was there. The best church I have ever attended I think my exact words were. I guess the answer for me posting these blogs is so those who know me online will ask me just why I love God so much. Maybe just maybe I can steer them in the direction of our Lord so that they too can feel the joy of the Lord, and the grace granted us through salvation.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

YAY!! :D

Anonymous said...

I STILL after almost 8 years of walking with the Lord find myself being ashamed. It is tough, but it is amazing how when we do share we never regret it. Thats awesome!

Tonya said...

Good for you! God will continue to work in you as years go on, but this is a great step to take in being able to share your faith!! I will pray that you grow more confident each time you are questioned!

Todd said...

Thanks....:)