Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hand washing dishes a thing of the past?

You may think that I am still living in the stone ages when I state I wash dishes by hand. I spend the better part of 2 hours of my day hand washing dishes after I get off of work. That is if I keep on top of them. Every day I come home to see piles of dishes waiting for me. Taunting me as if they want me to fall to my knees and scream to the heavens.....FREEDOM!!!! Much like Mel Gibson did in Braveheart!

You see I have a full family living in my house. Besides me it is my beautiful wife and 3 wonderful kids, and my brother. We all need to eat, and we all eat off of dishes. Some of us use more dishes then one needs in a day, but hey!!! It gives me something to do that is productive and it keeps me outta trouble. However tax season is at hand and I shall buy myself a dishwasher!!

Look out world I will soon have 2 extra hours a day!!!! What shall I do with this extra time? I'm going to spend it with family and friends. I also plan on starting our family bible study and those 2 hours will be precious when it comes to that. I can't wait for my dishwasher!!!!

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Not much longer honey and you will get your dishwasher. Just what every guy wants.. lol

Todd said...

Ok how come everytime I mention to anybody that I do the dishes it is turned into a joke about the man doing the dishes???? LOL...Even my wife jokes about it!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word, you guys are so funny! We did not have a dishwasher forever in our old house..so I can relate. Once you have it you wonder how you ever lived without it!!

Stacey said...

If I don't give ya a hard time, you would think that I was mad at you ;)It wouldn't be so bad if it was just the two of us and we didn't have a dishwasher. But then throw in three kids that don't use the same cup more than once and that equals tons and tons of dirty dishes..