Monday, February 11, 2008

Dirty Jobs Jesus Vs, Mike Rowe.....

Have you ever wakened in the morning and had some thought that you had to write down or you might forget about it? That happened to me this morning and I am writing it down here in my blog. I don’t know why I woke up thinking it but I did. So here it is before I forget!!!

As Christians we are referred to as clay pots. Clay is not a very durable substance. It breaks easy and is brittle. I thought of how many people are out there who are broken without the love of God in their lives, much as I was in the past. This is where I began to think of an episode of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe.

In this particular episode Mike’s job was to smash all this clay that had been brought to this facility to recycle. Most of the Clay was terracotta sewer pipes and tiles. You see what would happen is he’d smash the clay into pieces so that it would fit into this machine that would turn the broken pieces of clay into a fine powder.

After that they would add a mixture of water and clay and poor it into huge molds. Then put into a large kiln to be hardened and strengthened. These molds were the beautiful leaf like architecture you find decorating skyscrapers and chapels. This technique has been done for thousands of years. So the next time you see the decorative architecture on a building you’ll know how it’s done!

Anyway my point is that this broken clay that is nothing but rubble is converted into beautiful masterpieces that decorate skylines of cities. Without these pieces of art created from recycle rubble our buildings would be bland and boring to look at. As I lay in bed this morning I realized that this is what Christ has done with the church. He takes the broken pieces of our lives. He breaks down our walls that turn our lives to rubble.

Then he refines those pieces and turns them into new clay that can be molded and strengthened. So in essence the collective pieces of broken clay from every ones lives are molded together into a beautiful master piece that is Gods Kingdom. Jesus took the broken pieces of our hearts with him on the cross. He made them new through the sacrifice he endured on the cross. With that sacrifice and fellowship with other Christians we are no longer smashed rubble but beautiful architecture crafted by the son of God.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Very interesting thought... I like the way you think :D Love ya!