Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Google Earth!

What can I say! It has to be one of the coolest things ever invented! Not only can you view the entire earth from satellite images. You can zoom in and get a 3d look at any area on Earth. From mountains to buildings you can virtually see everything in 3d. This is my addiction now. I can go to the mountain peaks I have climbed and add pictures I took to that location as a way point. Not only that but I can take that picture and line in up with the geographic background, zoom out to outer space and zoom back down to view my picture that lines up with the virtual Earth in Google Earth. Above is a picture of my buddy Seth taking a picture of our buddy Ryan on our Great Northern Mt. climbing experience. As you can see I lined the picture up as best as I could with the Virtual world created by Google Earth. Another cool feature is the flight simulator that you can use to fly from any location you desire. This truly is the next generation of mapping our world. Here is a brief video on how cool Google Earth is.




It truly is amazing and very accurate when it comes to the virtual 3d mapping. You can download Google Earth @ www.earth.google.com you have to check it out!

No comments: