Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Pre-summer Camp


It is the morning of our departure and I realize I thought we were leaving yesterday but that was because of my excitement to do so. So I am still home and on the computer blogging. I woke up this morning and made coffee while I surfed around on Facebook checking out what was going on in everyone's lives. I spent some quite time in the bible after I woke up a bit. A passage really jumped out at me because it is something I've noticed that has been fading away in our society unless it is a rare circumstance.

Proverbs 3:27-28; Do not withhold good from those who deserve it when it’s in your power to help them. 28 If you can help your neighbor now, don’t say, “Come back tomorrow, and then I’ll help you.”

It is crazy to think on how many times I've needed help and someone who could have helped had been too busy with their own world to stop and help me in my time of need. Then I began to think about how I have done the same? Sometimes I think we get caught up in all the craziness and forget the world doesn't revolve around us. That we are in this all together. I think that I myself need to be more observant of others needs so that I can be there for them in a time of need.

I just thought I'd share with you what I got out of my quite time this morning. After today it will be about a week before you hear from me again. Trevor has his clothes spread all over the living room floor and is in the process of packing. So I need to get going and help him out otherwise he'll forget his underwear. : )

No comments: