Monday, June 29, 2009

Patients in the midst of a trial.....


I am willing to admit that in the midst of a trial my patients wears thin. However I need to stop and realize that instead of getting frustrated I need to stay calm and look to God for relief. Today while trying to get Ashley into a Doctor who could give us an explanation on what is happening, I did absolutely the opposite. I hit panic mode and got frustrated at the fact that I was being directed back to the place we started that held no answers for Ashley's condition. Every pediatrician that I called referred us back to urgent care after I told them I had already been there and they had no clue as to what was causing Ashley to have her spasms. I spent the good part of the day waiting for a referral for a Neurologist and a call back. Finally after a day of seeking help other then the ER or urgent care we got a call back.

As of now we will be taking Ashley in for blood work Wednesday (That is too long for me, however I must be patient). Then Monday we will be in to see a neurologist. I am praying they will not find something horribly wrong with her. I am not sure if I'm ready to go through that again especially since it is my daughter. I find comfort in the Lord and know that he is here for me and the family. Ashley has been amazingly brave through all of this and has been spending her time reading the bible, drawing pictures about Jesus, and playing with friends. She is such a trooper and still manages to laugh and smile a lot. It is funny how encouraging that is to me. I feel like falling apart and she feels like laughing. I have spent a lot of time snuggling her and trying to re-assure her everything will be all right. I feel helpless and wish I could just put a band aid on her to make it go away. All I can do is pray and wait.

A way to keep us focused on the Lord we bought the Kids Journals so they could write down what they got out of their quite times when reading the bible and praying. Afterwards we get together and discuss what we got out of our quite time. It is a comfort and a blessing to hear each others personal experiences. Weird as well when they seem to go hand and hand with each other. I am looking forward for tonight's family quite time.

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'll be praying that everything turns out okay. Keep me posted!