Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day


First off I'd like to wish my Dad "Happy Fathers Day" again. Today started out slow and consisted of a mass consumption of coffee. I think I hit the snooze button more then 20 times and I am not exaggerating. After coffee and a brief breakfast of which my lovely wife made, we were off to Church. If you were wondering what wonderful creation Stacey baked up, it was an amazing crumb cake that was delish! We spent our morning at Church and listened to an awesome message about Jesus Christ returning to Earth. After service went up stairs to help with youth group where we spent most of the time in prayer. It was a great day of bonding with the kids and with God.

Afterwards the family and some friends all went out and ate at Famous Dave's for some really good barbecue food. The kids all got Mac and Cheese? I have no idea why but they liked it. It was good food and conversation with good people. After we were done there we went shopping (This is forbidden on Fathers Day). However during this shopping I picked up some new swimming trunks so all is good. So overall today was a great Fathers Day for me. I all you fathers out there had a good one!

2 comments:

Garren said...

I had a great father's day. Although I had no mac and cheese or shopping I did enjoy a five guys burger and fries after church. Then back to the camp site where we all sacked out for a long june nap. Then awake for some light motorcycle (trail 90) cruising through the woods with my 2 adventurous kids hanging on. Great day.

Todd said...

Wow...sounds like you had a great Fathers Day! I still have yet to try Five Guys I keep hearing it is the best. I'll have to take the family there sometime soon.