Saturday, June 13, 2009

Insanity!


Recently one of our local breweries went out of business and the last of their product has hit the grocery store shelves and once it is gone it is gone for good. This being the case people who like the beer are frantically trying to by it while supplies last. Being that I work in receiving at a grocery store I get to take special orders over the phone. This last week I received a call from a guy in Texas requesting that two cases of his favorite beer be shipped to him because he heard the brewery went out of business. This of course is against the law so we weren't able to do this for him. He stated that he loves that beer and it is a tradition to drink it when he comes here on his vacation during the summer. He asked that we hold it for him till August when he takes his vacation.

He stated that he'd drop everything and drive out but he figured after all was said and done it would raise the price of beer per bottle to about $25.00 and he decided he wouldn't do that. However a week later I had the privilege to meet this guy in person. He drove all the way from Texas for two cases of beer! I have never heard or have seen anything so crazy since beanie Baby frenzy at McDonald's! I told him that he was crazy and that it must be really good beer to have driven so far. He ended up buying 3 cases and I hope he enjoys every last drop!

No comments: