Thursday, February 26, 2009

Wakie wakie eggs and baky.


Recently I have been having some fun waking the kids up in the morning. It all started when they decided that they would wait until the 3rd or 4Th time I called their names to get out of bed. I figured I'd see if my tone of voice would change their reaction time of responding to my call to rise and shine. I started with the typical parent calling to their kids to get out of bed tone.

That tone really didn't work, and I found I had to say each name 5 times in a row to actually get some sort of groan from any of them. Each day I would try a different tone in my voice that ranged from monotone to very annoying. All of them worked about the same. However I found the secret to getting your kids out of bed instantly this morning. When I saw the response to the you overslept for Christmas morning tone. I was floored that it actually worked!

The positive excitement in my voice really got them moving without much hesitation. You had to be there to hear the response I received from each of the kids. It made me laugh till I had tears in my eyes. They were downstairs before I could blink an eye. So if you have trouble getting your kids or even your husbands out of bed in the morning. Just get into character and act like you are waking them up because they overslept during Christmas morning. I guarantee it will work great!

2 comments:

Tonya said...

Everything about this post is hilarious, right down to your inspiring photo on top. Great idea, I love how you and Stacey are such fun parents!

Todd said...

I think the kids think my fun in the morning is annoying, but they'll miss it when they move out to be on their own. You gotta have fun with your kids no matter what.