Sunday, February 8, 2009

Update

It has been a while since I last blogged so I figured I'd update you all on what is going on. Other then playing a ton of Call Of Duty 5. I started a study on the book of Luke to go over with the family. In my study I learned things I never knew before. Did you know Luke was written by Luke in the year 60 A.D. and that the book of Acts was written to go along with the book of Luke? Scholars believe that both books were written as legal documents to defend Paul during his trial.

Luke was sent out to interview eye witnesses who saw the miracles of Jesus Christ. So much like a historian interviewing world war 2 veterans about what they saw during the war. Luke interviewed people who saw the Messiah and what happened first hand and took detailed notes on their first hand accounts of Jesus Christ. I have enjoyed reading up on our family study on Luke. I am excited to teach the kids things I wish I would have learned a long time ago.

Tonight we are hanging out watching Jericho and vegging out on the couch. Cabin fever is setting in so tomorrow I will be heading out in the woods with a bunch of guys from Church. We are going to hang out around a fire cook hot dogs and just enjoy fellowship with each other. One thing about living here in Montana, you never run out of outdoor activities. It is hard during the winter month to remain sain when you have 5 personalities all stuck indoors so tomorrow will be a nice change. I need to find a way to break my wife away for some free time for her. I think the ladies need some time with each other as well.

Oh also today was our first day at the Active Junior High ministry at Church. It was really cool and I am very excited to see God work in this ministry. Junior High is always a confusing time when it comes to life. Hormones go crazy and it seems like the world you knew as a kid has been flipped upside down at times. I am so excited to be able to have the opportunity to be part of a ministry that will help them through that part of their lives. Well dinner is done and I am starving......and rambling on. Have a good night all, and a good week!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Thanks for sharing about your inspired findings in the Word, it makes me want to dive back in for some serious learning. Have fun with the guys!