Sunday, February 22, 2009

Tom Clancy's Hawx!

I downloaded a demo version of the latest Tom Clancy game. Usually Tom Clancy games are first person tactical shooter games, such as the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon franchises. However recently Ubisoft and Tom Clancy have been directing the games in other game types. The latest of those is Tom Clancy's Hawx. This is a flight sim that is not only action pact but also visually stimulating. The graphics are top notch and so are the controls are not like most console flight sims with the arcade feel. However they aren't that technical eighther. It is easy and realistic at the same time. I am quite impressed with the game and can't wait for the release!

Something that really stood out to me during game play with a friend. Was that he was skimming the surface of the water with his jet leaving a wake from the air pressure pushing down on the water, way cool!!!! Tom Clancy games are great in every aspect in my opinion. One of those aspects is the in game music. Tom Clancy games has theatrical score like music. I am a big movie score type of guy and music is just as important as game play to me. Tom Salta composed the music for Tom Clancy's Hawx and it is great from what I have heard of it. He has a Hans Zimmer style of writing music that fits perfect for the Tom Clancy games.

He is an awesome musician that has worked in the music industry for years and just recently moved over to the video game music industry. When I interviewed him on the Ghost Recon Advanced War fighter 2 Score he stated that after playing Halo and Rainbow Six he decided to start composing music for video games. I am glad he did because seriously I could buy the music and listen to it over and over again.

Hawx will be released sometime in March so I will have to wait a while before I get to play the full version. So until then it is the same level over and over again.

No comments: