Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What is new?







The most excitement in between being sick this winter is the fact that I've played too much Xbox in my spare time. The other is hanging out with friends in the Montana wilderness. Last Monday we went way out in the North Fork 7 miles from the Canadian border. My friend has a Cabin way out in no mans land and we took advantage of that. We brought sleds and hot dogs and all you'd need to have a guys day out in the wilderness.
On our way up to the middle of no where....my friend Garren decided to get squirly and start fishtailing his truck down an icy road and ended up in a snow bank. No more then a second after he mentioned we might get stuck we slammed into a snow bank. Seth had to break out a tow strap and shovels to free Garrens truck from the snow bank. Danger, wilderness and man sweat! You can't get manlier then that! Unless of course you end up wrestling a grizzly bear for right of passage!


We ate hot dogs till and jerky until we were green, and the decided to tackle massive hillsides with orange toboggans! It was awesome and I can't wait till our next outing. There is nothing like sharing experiences like these with people who love God and love talking about him so openly. It is a blessing and a bonding experience that is priceless. I believe this summer is going to be full of awesome fellowship in the Montana wilderness.

2 comments:

Garren said...

Ya, that evening I still smelled like a campfire...love that! I want another hot dog now.

Todd said...

I still have to wash my Carhartt because it smells like smoked jacket! I am seriously craving SPAM right now and ya know. A hot dog wouldn't be half bad right now.