Thursday, February 19, 2009

Morning study.

The Stoning of Stephen

I am currently reading the Book of Acts during my morning time in the Word. I have never really appreciated the book as much as I should have in my past. Just knowing it was written by Luke as a means of getting him out of Jail sheds new light on it for me. Acts is essentially Paul's testimony. He was present and most likely participated in the stoning of Stephen the first Church martyr. He also sought out to torture and kill Christians to put an end to the Christian movement. However God had other plans that put Paul as the leading person that would bring the Gentiles to know the life story of Christ.



Paul's work went from head thug seeking to destroy Christianity to the Billy Graham of his day. What an amazing book Acts is. I spent most of the day just thinking about how drastically God can change a mans heart. Paul started out in a position of judgement against Christians to a place where he himself was being judged for being a Christian and eventually he was martyred for it. I am going to read it over again tomorrow morning because it is such an inspiration to me. I hope you all have taken the time to read the book of Acts.

No comments: