Sunday, March 1, 2009

Into The Wild Prologue

Click on image to enlarge

Above is a snapshot from Google Earth and it is the location of my next outdoor adventure. According to my buddy Seth we will be hiking quite a ways in to get to Two Medicine Lake. Depending on how much snow there is it could be from 6 - 10 miles in. So needless to say we will need snow shoes or cross country skis to access the lake. I rented some snow shoes tonight but wish I had a pair of skis because I believe they may be more enjoyable then snow shoes. At any rate I am super stoked to get out and enjoy this beautiful place God has created.

I will be taking a ton of pictures while out there so I will post them when I get back. It is always fun to go hang with buddies and enjoy nature and talk about God at the same time. It will be nice to spend time with them all. These outing have been great bonding experiences and I wouldn't trade that for all the video gaming in the world. There is nothing like seeing the majestic views here in Montana. All the hard work and sweat it takes to get there is well worth it in the end. I guess you could apply that in your spiritual walk as well.

All the struggles you go through the hills that seem too steep to conquer. Are all manageable if you have faith and the spiritual endurance to do it. God Provides us the strength and stamina to get through all that stands before us. Once you reach that destination that seems so far away and too beautiful to imagine. You'll look back and say.....That wasn't too bad was it? All that struggle was well worth it and I am so glad I didn't give up and turn back.

No comments: