Friday, January 23, 2009

Skate night with the kids.

Tonight we took the kids to skate night. They love skating and learning about Jesus. It was strange being there and not bringing the word and I miss doing that a lot. It was fun to see Trevor pull of an Ollie 180 for the first time. Ashley was dropping in like a little pro. Jacob isn't much of a vert skater. He likes the old school street skating tricks. His new favorite is called the coffin. It is quite funny to see him do but he thinks it is way cool. The Coffin is when you are skating normally and sink down into a laying on your back position while in motion.

While I was there I was blessed to talk to a young teenager who was questioning Christianity. I love to answer questions that non-believers have and also listening to what they believe. I think too often we don't let them voice their opinions by not letting them speak. I believe that if you are respectful by letting them get a word in, then they will have more respect for what you have to say. The more respect they have for what you have to say. The more they will give thought to it. A positive communication is one that always bears fruit. A negative one will just build barriers. I hope to talk with him again soon.

2 comments:

June said...

I agree about listening to others views too. In fact the other day one of my funky co workers who I love but is far from God was surprised I never heard of feng shui, some chinese belief about harmony. We googled it together and kind of joked about it. Just another way for an open door when the opportunity arises! Loving people and listening to what they have to say... THEN we can move onto plan B :-)

Garren said...

Awesome Todd. That skate ministry has been steller!! Good job touching base there with some young people.