Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Little Brother

This last Sunday at Church I was blessed to pray with a new believer who had accepted Christ as their savior. He was 13 and came forward with his older brother by his side. I could tell that his older brother was holding back tears. He must have prayed for this moment for a long time. This was very emotional not only for them but for me as well. I fought back tears as I prayed for this young boy. I was able to take part in the answering of many prayers and that also made it hard to hold back the tears.

I too am in a similar position. I am the older brother and my younger brother doesn't believe in the bible or what is written in it. So I related completely with these two brothers. One who newly accepted Christ and one who and shed many tears praying that this moment would come. I saw exactly what I have prayed for in my own life. That one day my brother would accept Christ as his savior once again.

As I wrapped up the prayer the older brother thanked me for praying for his younger brother. I replied that this was my favorite part of Church. Seeing new believers coming to Christ is what it was all about. I then told him that I have been blessed to see that you brought your little brother to Church and he accept the Lord into his life. I told him that all I need to do now is get my little brother to come to church to accept the Lord. That moment and moments like those have blessed me a lot lately. There is never such a sense of why we are here then moments like those.

The day after that happened. I get a phone call from my little brother. He states that he and his girlfriend will be playing music at Colter Coffee and if I invite some people to come out to listen. He will go to church with me! This is something my brother never would offer in a million years! I was floored by this proposition. However I took him up on it instantly! So I'd like to invite you all out to Colter Coffee on Main Street in Kalispell. They will be playing @ 7pm tomorrow (Monday). This is a big night for them as well. They will be interviewed by the Daily Inter lake so they are very excited to say the least.

I am very proud of my brother and how he is doing. I love him very much even if we don't see eye to eye on certain things. We are brothers and will always be. I remember smothering him with hugs and kisses when he was a baby. I still feel that love towards him as an adult. However smothering him with hugs and kisses has turned into hanging out and giving crap to each other. Besides it would be very strange for me to smother him with hugs and kisses now. A manly hug does the trick. I will be holding him up to his end of the deal. I am going to drag him to Church and then maybe go out for breakfast afterwards.

3 comments:

Darlene said...

Hi Todd: ) Found your blog through your comment at June's and just wanted to thank you for your post. I was moved to tears hearing you tell that experience. Your brother, his performance and his salvation will be in my prayers. thanks again!
Darlene

Todd said...

Thank you!...:)

June said...

Ditto! Your brother will be in my prayers too. Never give up Todd! That is the most special moment for me in every service to see people accept Jesus and walk down that isle. We'll pray for that moment for your brother. Bless your heart.