Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Blood Test


We took Ashley into experience how it feels to get blood drawn. Surprisingly she watch the whole thing from needle entry to needle extraction. I however had to turn away when the needle pierced her. I felt dizzy are ready to pass out right there on the examination room floor. So in the scheme of things Ashley is a little warrior. She hasn't shown a bit of nervousness or fear. This has brought me great comfort seeing her strength in all of this. Today I found it extremely difficult to concentrate at work and hard to smile and joke. I have been worried sick and I think knowing that test results are at hand makes me even more so. There are all the what if's going through my mind. I try to pray often to keep my mind off of it and it brings me comfort, however that fear sneaks in and turns my stomach. In the midst of this trial I have found comfort in this verse and I try to keep that on my heart through out the day.

Phl 4:6-7; Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with Thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

I can't tell you how much prayer has helped through all of this. When you have faith in a God who can do anything and you can come to him for comfort and peace beyond comprehension, how AWESOME is that. Jesus once told his disciples that if they had the faith the size of a mustard seed, you can tell a mountain to move from here to there and it would be so(Matthew 17:20). I think of all the things I would seek comfort in if I didn't have the Lord. All of which would do no good but make matters worse. How amazing is it that if you have just a little bit of faith you can get through trials in life that seem like impassible mountains!

No comments: