Monday, July 6, 2009

PLACEBO


Placebo - a substance having no pharmacological effect but given merely to satisfy a patient who supposes it to be a medicine.


We went to the Neurologist today with all the kids. One point during the appointment the doctor asked Stacey or I to take all of the kids into the waiting room while he discussed what was going on with the parent that chose to stay. I volunteered to take the kids being that Stacey remembers things much better then I. So I took all three kids into the waiting room. While sitting there knowing that this is not good. I prayed for strength and courage in whatever news was coming my way. I realized that if he didn't want the kids to hear what he had to say, it couldn't be good. I felt dizzy like I was on the precipice of something horrible. I looked at Ashley and realized I had to remain strong for her so she wouldn't be scared. So I joked with the kids for a bit as we were waiting.

Stacey came out and I scanned her face for any trace of crying and there was nothing. I couldn't read her face for a hint of what was said in the examination room. So I was on the edge of my seat until she showed me the prescription that read. "Please make up a bottle of placebo pills for Ashley." So there was much relief in that. So after a couple weeks of stress and a lot of prayer we came to the day where we thought we'd get some answers concerning Ashley.

However what we found is we are in the same spot of uncertainty that we were in before. So in order to rule out any mental disorder or nervous habbit. We will give Ashley her placebo pills. I pray that that the doctor perscribed tic tacs will be the magic pill that makes her symptoms go away. I'd rather deal with that then something like a tumor or terrets syndom. We are still waiting on the blood test results. We haven't heard anything back yet on them so I think we are safe. They say no news is good news.

No comments: