Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Medical Mystery?



Today we decided to skip our next appointment with the Neurologist being that he was going to refer us to another Doctor anyway. We figured he would charge us another $217.00 just so he could point us to another doctor. We called and had the appointment cancelled and asked just for a referral. However the Neurologist called back and stated he had never seen symptom's like Ashley's before and would like to run tests. Normally I'd be all for this, but I know someone who was treated by this Neurologist in the past. They ran tests and fed medication to her. After a long while of her symptoms not improving they wanted to perform brain surgery on her. Her parents took her to Spokane for a second opinion and found her symptoms were caused from anxiety. After finding ways to calm the anxiety her problems went away.

We have decided not to let this particular doctor perform any tests on Ashley. We are probably going to have to seek help in Seattle because all the Doctors here seem to be stumped. This is going to be difficult being we are on one income and insurance is a joke. Also our car has died today and I wouldn't drive it to Missoula in fear it would die a quarter of the way there. So we are currently looking for a new reliable vehicle that we can afford. With all of this happening I am not stressed because all of this is out of my control. I rely fully on God and now this will all work out. I must say I am truly blessed by all of your prayers, and all of you who have spoken words of comfort and have given us a helping hand. I will never be able to repay your love and kindness, but I know God will bless you all greatly.

3 comments:

Nikki said...

I will just continue to pray for you all. I hope everything gets sorted out for you guys!

Thanks for the bible by the way :o)

Todd said...

Thank you and no problem! If you have any questions about the bible feel free to ask anytime.

Sabriand said...

Give me a call about the vehicle thing, I might have an option for you.