Sunday, July 12, 2009

Very Expensive Breath Mints


Ashley has been taking a placebo pill to see if she would get better. The Placebo we ended up giving Ashley were little blue sugar free breath mints. They didn't cure her by any means even though they were doctor perscribed and in a perscription bottle. I take that back they really did a number on a condition called hallatosis. In plain english hallatosis is known as bad breath and these pills worked beautifuly! We received the bill for this perscription and it came to $217.00. I have never in my life payed that much for container of tic tacs before!

Now I know that there is a first time for everything. So now we are on to the next doctor to see if this doctor knows what is going on. In all of this I have learned that stressing is not going to help matters and money is just paper. What matters is that we get down to the bottom of what is causing Ashley to have these symptoms. We are all doing well and Ashley is doing great and isn't letting this get her down. She is so strong that it brings a smile to my face. Thursday we are going to dedicate to prayer and fasting for those of you who want to join us in that. We will be praying for answers and healing for Ashley.

I will try to keep you posted as much as possible here. Thank you all for your support and prayers. You all truly make this time easier with your words of comfort and encouragement. We are so blessed to have you all in our lives. Well I suppose I should go find a nice picture of a breath mint for this post. Thanks for reading it!

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Wow! You are right, those are definatly some spendy breath ments. It's amazing how much money doctors will charge you. When does Ashley have to go to the doctor next? I really hope you guys get this figured out. And I am definatly praying for you all. She is such a trooper! Keep us posted.

Love you all!

Todd said...

Ashley has her appointment on Wednesday. Thank you for your prayers.