Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Mourners Memory

The hardest part of loosing someone close to you is hard to put your finger on. There are so many things in loosing someone you care about. I have found the hardest part of loosing those close to me are things we take for granted when they are here with us. As time passes I'd love to say it gets better in time. However it doesn't, it is with you every day. Some days worse then others. Today seems to be one of those days for me. The hardest part for me is not the that I will never see them again, because I have faith that I will one day be reunited with them through my love for God and what his son has done for all of us! It is the memory of them fading in my mind. Specifics like what they sounded like. What it was like to be there with them I mean really be there in their presence. The hardest part is waiting to be with them again. This is what I wrote during one of those days like today.

A mourners memory

With every death there comes sorrow
With every sorrow there comes a tear
With every tear there flows a river flowing from our soul.
Numbness, grief, and then anger.
Washing up over the shores of life.
Eroding that which is, into that which was.
A memory, a smile that is no longer.
A hug, a kiss, a laugh that warmed you heart.
Fading into the shadows of memory.

By, Todd Harvey

No comments: