Saturday, December 27, 2008

Good bye my precioussss....

While sledding Christmas morning on the best sledding hill EVER! I lost my wedding ring. I had my glove off so I could record the ride down the hill. While holding the camcorder with my right hand I was steering with my bare left hand. I assume that is when my precious (wedding ring) was ripped from my hand! My hands were numb so I had no idea what had happened. Even though I got really cool video of the action and me running over little Jake and burring him in a snow bank. I don't think it was worth the cost.

By the end of the night my hands were dry and cracked from the cold. I went to remove my ring so I could put lotion on my hands and I realized my ring was gone. My heart sank when I figured out that my ring was buried on a road soon to be plowed. I will have to wait until Spring to search for it with metal detectors. I hope I find it because I hate to loose something that means so much to me. I know it is just a material thing and I shouldn't be so attached to it. I just lost something that I look at that brings back a lifetime of memories. I plan on buying a cheaper wedding ring until I find the old one. Until then I will have to feel awkward not wearing my wedding band.

As soon as we get our new computer I will upload the priceless video of our sledding fun!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

I'm sorry you lost your ring, thats a bummer. Hopefully you will have some luck later on with the medal detector.

New computer!? Thats cool. Hey, at least no more sharing the desktop. You guys get a new battery for the laptop yet?