Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A little down.

From left to right: Tony, Trevor, Dawson, Jacob, and Ashley

Today one of the neighbor kids Tony moved back to Southern California so his mom could be treated by her family doctor. His family owned three restaurants in Cali and were planning on moving here and opening one up here. However they had to move so Tony's mom could be treated. I am really going to miss having Tony around. He was a great kid with a heart for God. His parents have done an awesome job in raising him. I was looking forward to having him grow into a position as one of the leaders of our Skate Ministry skate team. He was always first to comment on the bible and was always up there helping the other kids learn how to skate. Last Saturday was his last skate night. I could tell he wanted to cry and didn't want to leave. It was hard for all of us to say goodbye.


However his dad said they'd move back when all things were done. So I look forward to seeing Tony back at skate night sometime in the future. Please pray that all things go well with his mother and that she has a full recovery from her illness. I'll miss Tony this Saturday at skate night. He was one of the original 5 that started clearing things out of the garage so we could have a skate ministry. Above is a picture of that day. This skate night I have to tackle the topic of adultery. This is going to be a challenge being that it is being taught to elementary school kids. I'm not quite sure how I am going to do this but I assure you it will be done in a G rating. Well I am off to study for this weeks skate night! I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: