Monday, August 17, 2009

Don't Hang Your Church Bulletin Here # 2

I am going to go with my first instincts on this one. I left the conversation with my boss to give in to his request in order to show him respect. The bible states that we are to respect those in the position of authority, and being that the bulletin board is property of my employer. I must do as he asks out of respect to him. I know that the bulletin board is for public use and anyone can put anything on it. My employer reserves the right to take anything off of it as he See's fit. As he has done in the past with the Fresh Life bulletins. Since I am employed by this person he is in a position of authority. Whether he is using it correctly is between him and God. How I respond to this situation is between me and God.

Let me make it clear that I am not running away from a fight because I am scared of loosing a job. I am stepping back because God has a plan, and me hanging bulletins or not will not affect the out come. I am 1 of 1700 people in my Church. They put those bulletins up wherever there is a public bulletin board. It will not matter if I hang one or not. There will be one in place of the one I have stopped hanging from someone else.

So I have decided to see what God will make of it. I have heard people tell me to do it anyway, and you know I am half tempted to. I have to respect the wishes of my boss being he owns the bulletin board. I know it is discrimination but he has a right to do so being the owner of it. There are other ways of spreading the word and I fully intend on doing that in a respectful manner.

2 comments:

Sabriand said...

Proud of you Todd, that's a hard line to have to toe.

Remember, you have plans with Shari and I this weekend? Did you prefer Friday or Saturday?

Todd said...

Thanks Sabriand, I am thinking Friday night would be best. Stacey is working on getting a sitter lined up for the kids. Once that is nailed down we are a definite go.