Monday, May 4, 2009

Snyder Lake Glacier National Park




Today me and my buddy Seth decided to head into Glacier National Park and do some hiking. We decided to take a short hike into Snyder Lake. Short however in the wilderness doesn't mean easy. Especially when there is snow involved while hiking up hill. The trail starts on the Going To The Sun Road in Glacier Park. 4 miles later you reach the lower of the two Snyder Lakes. On our way we discovered a bush covered shed that reminded me of something out of a Freddy Kruger movie. Thus the picture of the creepy door. While traversing the snow packed trail upward toward the lake, we had great conversation all the way. There is nothing like getting out into the wild and talking with good friends, about everything under the sun. When you do these outings there is a brotherhood formed that is priceless! Luckily we didn't encounter any bears on our travels. However we had bear spray in hand just in case we stumbled upon a griz or any other species of bear. There was a bit of excitement on the trail. A little squirrel jumped out of the bushes towards me and almost got the wrath of my bear spray! Seriously it sounds stupid but it startled me to where I almost sprayed the poor little thing. Anyway it was a good day and I can't wait for our next outing! If you have the chance you need to hike in Glacier Park it is AMAZING! Well I am off to shower and check for ticks, and then to bed! I am tired and need sleep.


4 comments:

Tonya said...

Looks AMAZING! Mike and I are hoping one day, when the kids are a little older, to come out there and have you show us around Glacier and Kalispell....

Todd said...

Yes Do!!! That would be fun to hike around Glacier with you all!

Darlene said...

That door is the creepiest,it looks like it has evil intentions! lol

Todd said...

I know it was very creepy! In the middle of the woods and all creepy lookin!