Monday, May 11, 2009

First Day Of Home school


Today I woke up to a kitchen full of smoke! Trevor was making breakfast for everyone! Today's special were burnt pancakes with syrup. As I realized we needed a battery for our smoke detector in the kitchen. I heard Trevor ask Ashley what shape she wanted her pancake to be. She stated that she wanted it to be the shape of the United States. He said OK and sculpted her pancake. He asked her what she thought of his creation when he was done. She said it looked good except it was missing Texas. I found this very funny and now to come to think of it. I remembering reading a news article about how Texans were threatening to succeed from our nation. So it could be prophetic as well! I'm thinking of freezing it and selling it on eBay if Texas does decide to succeed. I would be rich and my son would have a job telling the future as a pancake reader.

So today's home ec. class went well. We learned about fire safety and geography. As well as how to burn a pancake and that will come in handy in the future. Knowing the limits of cooking pancakes is the only way to make them perfect. So home schooling is going great thus far! I am sure this is just the first of many exciting stories that will come from our new adventure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He was celebrating his first day of homeschool! I really miss those days :) Sometimes it feels as if things will stay the same forever, but then you blink and its all changed. I want burnt pancakes in the morning again!!!
Darlene (it wouldnt let me post using my Blogger ID?)

Nikki said...

Glad the first day of homeschool went well! Thats kinda funny he left out texas. :-P

Keep us posted on everything.