Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blog burst!


I have been told to blog more because I have been slacking the past few months. So here is number 3 in the last few days. As of late Stacey and I have been helping with the student ministry at church. We also are part of what is called Depth group which is an extention to the student ministry. Pretty much it is a book discussion group as well as a time that we all can talk and pray together. We are currently reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I highly reccomend this book to all Christians. You can pick it up here Crazy Love

The past couple of weeks I have been working to get donations for box lunches for our Friday service at church. The donations will help make up box lunches that will be sold during that service. The proceeds will go towards paying for the students way to the summer youth camp this year. I have to give a shout out to my buddy Brett for providing the bread for the lunches and my buddy Rick for providing the chips. You guys are awesome and I don't know what we'd do with out your contributions.

I am hoping that I'll be able to attend the summer camp because it sounds like it is going to be a blast! However this all depends on whether or not I can get the time off of work. Buisness is picking up and people are starting to take vacations and vacations can't overlap. So it all depends on when the camp will be scheduled and if I can get that week off. We shall see how it all plays out here soon.

Today was a good day, it started out rainy and turned to sunshine. It is about to end here soon being I am tired and ready for bed. I made an awesome dinner earlier! In fact Jake the self proclaimed vegetarian even liked the Pork ribs I made. You see he is only vegetarian when he doesn't want to finish his dinner. He finished it all and that says a lot! I am sure Stacey will use that as an excuse to make me cook from now on. I just say that I got really lucky this one time. In fact that is probably more true then not. I'm done blogging for now. I'll try to become more consitant for you all who read my blog.

No comments: