Monday, October 5, 2009

Photoshop Addiction


I haven't messed around in Photoshop for a while so I figured I would a bit the other day. It started out just doing things I was used to doing. I realized that I haven't really stepped out of my comfort zone in Photoshop. Meaning I've never challenged myself to do something new. So I decided to watch a tutorial on creating 3 dimensional letters and also one on reflection. Luckily my wife had messed around with reflections so I didn't need to watch that tutorial(Thanks honey). So after learning these new techniques I decided to experiment and to see what I could come up with. The above picture is my 4th try on reflections and 3d letters it is one of my favorite verses out of the Bible.

Romans 12:1-2; 1 And so, dear brothers and sisters,[a] I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.[b] 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

So that verse is my inspiration for the photo you see. I don't think I could ever tire of creating things on Photoshop. It is almost as addicting as coffee! Anyway I am pretty stoked that I learned a couple new tricks in Photoshop. Now it is on to details and textures. I think I'm going to look for more pointers so I can learn some new tricks.

No comments: